- Winner of captain’s coin toss will determine which goal to defend, switch at halftime.
– Games will be (2) two 12-minute periods with 2-minute warm up and 2 -minute intermission.
- Players must wear helmets and skates.
– No goalie equipment or goalie sticks permitted.
- Teams must try their best to have light and dark jerseys available.
- There will be one off-ice official, as well as a rules executive (scoring, time, penalties, puck re-set).
- Minor penalties will result in a loss of possession.
- Three minor penalties in a half results in a penalty shot from half ice at the end of the game.
– Each additional penalty after three will result in an additional penalty shot.
– Penalty shots are taken from center ice with no defenders.
– No player can shoot twice until all players have had a shot.
- Any major penalty that could injure another player will result in ejection from the tournament.
-Play will continue with penalized team playing short-handed for all remaining games.
-Abuse of the official is considered a major penalty. ( These guys are volunteers )
-Fighting will not be tolerated. BOTH TEAMS will be disqualified for the weekend.
- No slap-shots, its a minor penalty
- No checking (minor or major)
- GOALTENDING IS NOT ALLOWED!!! Just don’t do it. A player can intercept the puck in front of the net, but you can not stand in front of the goal. You must have continuous motion through crease.
- Shooting or contacting the puck above the waist is a minor penalty and equals loss of possession.
- If the puck goes out of play, the last team to touch it loses possession.
- There are no off-sides or icing.
- Goals must be scored from the offensive side of the ice.
- Teams must retreat to their half of the ice until the other team gets set.
- In the event of a tie, penalty shots will decide. If there are no shots awarded, sudden death will decide. All games are running time. Substitutions are made on the fly. No stoppage for any reason.
- Rosters must stay the same throughout the entire tournament.
- Players can only play on one team.